Blue Label Diving – Technical Diving Specialists
Many emails we receive at Blue Label Diving have the same kind of questions. We have collected the most common Blue Label Diving FAQs and have given the answers to them below. Click here for our TERMS AND CONDITIONS
DIVING COURSES FAQ’s
- Do you provide instructor courses? YES we have our inhouse and owner Instructor Trainer Ben Reymenants and we are a TDI 5* Instructor Training facility. Ben is also PADI TecRec Instructor Trainer.
- Does Ben Reymenants teach all of the courses? If Ben is available yes but normally Ben only teaches the instructors courses and all cave and rebreather courses. You can always make a request for Ben but this will mean an extra charge. This extra charge will include PRIVATE tuition.
- Can I get certified for different agencies at the same time? Yes you can. Blue Label Diving teaches under the agencies: TDI, PADI and SSI. For the rebreather levels you can add IANTD.
- Which agencies do you teach under? We teach under Scuba Schools international, PADI, TDI and IANTD
- Which rebreathers do you specialize in? We are specialized in the following rebreathers: POSEIDON MK6, MEGALODON, INSPIRATION, SENTINEL, OPTIMA AND THE PATHFINDER divers, instructors and IT’s. (Soon the JJ as well)
- What do I need to bring for the cave courses or trips? We have made an easy to use Student Essentials cave diving trip for you Remember the locations are remote. No need to worry about accommodation during your cave courses or trips. We have arranged all of this for you. The only thing you need to arrange is the hotel upon arrival and departure in and from Phuket.
- Can I combine Technical Diving courses? Yes but it is best to contact us for enquiries. When you combine courses the days become less and so does the PRICE..
- Can I study beforehand? Yes and we recommend it as well. Most of our agencies have E-learning or we can send you the manuals by post. But as we try to save the planet in the mean time we prefer the E-learning option.
- What are your current locations? Thailand (any where) and Brisbane in Australia and Bunaken, Lembeh and Bali in Indonesia.
- Which area in Phuket Thailand are you located? We are located in RAWAI area.This is in the most southern point of Phuket, famous for its great views and best seafood restaurants. Locations nearby are Nai Harn and Chalong.
- Where do you conduct your cave diving courses? Cave Diving in Thailand is a very special occasion. We teach the Cavern and Intro to Cave courses in the national Park of Khao Sok. The Full Cave course is continued or taught separately in the cave of Song Hong.
- Do you provide all courses in all of your locations? Yes but not all of our instructors are able to teach all courses. Ben Reymenants can meet you in any of the locations.
- Can Ben Reymenants come to my location and teach at our facility? Yes with a minimum of 4 students, Ben is Happy to travel down to your own location or the dive center you are connected to. The cost of the course prices will be different as Ben his flight and other expenses need to be covered by the students/ or dive center.
- All of our tech diver level course prices are inclusive: Manual, Certification, Pool Session, Sorb (CCR courses), equipment, gasses (air, Nitrox and o2), tanks, boat fees, instructor fees, meals on the boat and transport to the boats. The only 2 things not included are helium for the Trimix Courses and Main Canister torch for the Cave Diving Courses.
- All of our cave courses are inclusive: Manual, Certification, transport to the lakes, equipment, gasses, tanks, boat fees, instructor fees, accommodation on the lakes, 3 meals a day, cofee, water and tea.
- The Main Canister torch you can rent at Blue Label Diving.
- All of our instructor courses are inclusive the above except of the Instructor materials and certifications.
- Can I get a discount when I bring my own Tech equipment? If you bring everything you require during the course: backplate, wing, regulators for your back gas and your deco gas, smb, spool, pockets,cutting devices, mask and backup mask, lights (for cave courses), cookies and arrows (cave courses), wetsuit, booties, fins we can give you 20 US$ a day discount.
- Can I get a VAT receipt? Yes we are a Thai and Asutralian VAT registered company. VAT in Thailand is 7%
- When I did a course in one Blue Label Diving Location, do I get a discount when I do a course an other BLD location? Yes the discount is 5%
- Do you give discount when I come with a group of technical divers? Yes but it is best to contact us for enquiries.
- Your prices seem to be higher than others, why?
- The difference is we are Specialized in Tech training/ Courses of all levels. We have top of the range tech instructors and instructor trainers/course directors that are also Dive Medics Technicians.
- We have 5 locations worldwide (Thailand, Australia and 3 in Indonesia), a VAT registered company and top of the range diving equipment.
- All instructors are trained by Ben Reymenants who is a very well known and respected Technical Diver and Instructor trainer in the industry. Ben has written many manuals for TDI, our instructors always gives more info then required, they take you beyond your own limits and make every diver that steps into the world of Tech Diving a better and more knowledgeable diver.
- The courses include: The best and most professional tech training possible, 2-3 dives a day (no matter what the requirements are you always get more dives), 3 meals a day when diving, manuals, certification, pool/confined sessions fee, all boat fees, gasses, equipment rental, tank rental, transportation to the boat, transport to the shop, pick-up from the airport and VAT
- Our cave training includes national park fee, boat fee on the lake and accommodation + 3 meals a day.
- Do you have any special deals for hotels and resorts? Yes We can definitely make a booking for you or and give you some pointers, but the hotels in Phuket are easier and cheaper to book via booking.com or even via their own websites for example.
A few recommended accommodations in the area are:
- Rawai Palm Beach Resort
- Thai Palace Resort
- Serentity Resort
- Mangosteen Resort and Spa
- Bamboo Heaven House
- Mai’s Guesthouse
- Phu NaNa Resort
- Dwell guesthouse Chalong
- Does Blue label Diving have a tourist license? Yes we are a tourist licensed company in Thailand.
If you have any other Blue Label Diving FAQs please do not hesitate to contact us directly.