Blue Label Diving FAQ’s – The Technical Diving Specialists
DIVING COURSES FAQ's
- Do you give instructor courses? YES we have our in-house and owner Instructor Trainer Ben Reymenants and we are a TDI 5* Instructor Training facility and PADI TecRec Center. Ben is also PADI TecRec Instructor Trainer.
- Does Ben Reymenants teach all the courses? If Ben is available yes but normally Ben only teaches the instructors courses and all advanced trimix, cave and rebreather courses. You can always make a ask for Ben but this will mean an extra charge. This extra charge will include PRIVATE tuition.
- Can I get certified for different agencies at the same time? Yes you can. Blue Label Diving teaches under the agencies: TDI, PADI and SSI. For the rebreather levels you can add IART
- Which agencies do you teach under? We teach under Scuba Schools international, PADI, TDI and IART
- Which rebreathers do you specialise in? We are specialised in the following rebreathers: JJ-CCR,POSEIDON MK6 up to 60 mtrs, Poseidon Se7en, MEGALODON, INSPIRATION, TRITON AND THE PATHFINDER divers, instructors and IT’s.
- What do I need to bring for the cave courses or trips? We have made an easy to use Student Essentials cave diving trip for you 🙂 Remember the locations are remote. No need to worry about accommodation during your cave courses or trips. We have arranged all of this for you. The only thing you need to arrange is the hotel upon arrival and departure in and from Phuket.
- Can I combine Technical Diving courses? Yes but it is best to contact us for enquiries. When you combine courses the days become less and so does the PRICE..
- Can I study beforehand? Yes and we recommend it as well. Most of our agencies have E-learning or we can send you the manuals by post. But as we try to save the planet in the mean time we prefer the E-learning option.
- I am a PADI Advanced Open Water Diver Can I become a tech diver? Yes for sure you can. For example to become a PADI tec 40 diver the prerequisites are that you need to be an Advanced Open water diver or equivalent. For more info about the prerequisites for our course curriculum TDI Course Curriculum or PADI Course Curriculum.
- Which area in Phuket Thailand are you located? We are in RAWAI area.This is in the most southern point of Phuket, famous for its great views and best seafood restaurants. Locations nearby are Nai Harn and Chalong.
- Where do you conduct your cave diving courses? Cave Diving in Thailand is a very special occasion. We teach the Cavern and Intro to Cave courses in the caves of Song Hong lake. Ao Luk and Krabi are used for the Full Cave course.
- Can Ben Reymenants come to my place and teach at our facility overseas? Yes with a maximum of 3 students per course, Ben is Happy to travel down to your own place or the dive center you are connected to. The cost of the course prices will be different as Ben his flight and other expenses need to be covered by the students/ or dive center.
- After you have been in contact with Simone Reymenants, your prices will be including: Manual, Certification, Pool Session, Sorb (CCR courses), some equipment (like sidemount harness and backplates and wings), gasses (air, Nitrox and o2), tanks, boat fees, instructor fees, meals on the boat and transport to the boats. The only things not included are, dive computer, helium for the Trimix Courses and Main Canister torch for the Cave Diving Courses.
- All of our cave courses are inclusive: Manual, Certification, transport to the lakes, some equipment (like sidemount harness and backplates and wings), gasses, tanks, boat fees, instructor fees, accommodation on the lakes, 3 meals a day, coffee, water and tea.
- Equipment you can rent at Blue Label Diving but we can include this in your total price. If we are not busy we can include some regulators as well. But it totally depends on how many students we have during the time you get here. Please contact us directly for questions about this.
- All of our instructor courses are inclusive the above except of the Instructor materials and certifications.
- Can I get a discount when I bring my Tech equipment? If you bring everything you must during the course: back plate, wing, or Sidemount harness, 2x regulators for your back gas and your deco gasses (min 2), smb, spool, reel, pockets,cutting devices, mask and backup mask, lights (for cave courses), cookies and arrows (cave courses), wetsuit, booties and fins. This will give you a total of 2500 thb discount. (this only counts if you bring all of the above)
- Do I need to purchase anything mandatory for a course? Yes well f you dont have a Spool + double ender, wet notes or slate you have to buy this from us or before you get here.
- Can I get a VAT receipt? Yes we are a Thai and Australian VAT registered company. VAT in Thailand is 7%
- Do you give discount when I come with a group of technical divers? Yes but it is best to contact us for enquiries.
- Why Blue Label?
- The difference is we are specialised in Tech training/ Courses of all levels. We have top of the range tech instructors and instructor trainers/course directors that are also Dive Medics Technicians.
- VAT registered company and top of the range diving equipment.
- All instructors are trained by Ben Reymenants who is a very well-known and respected Technical Diver and Instructor trainer in the industry. Ben has written many manuals for TDI, our instructors always gives more info then required, they take you beyond your own limits and make every diver that steps into the world of Tech Diving a better and more knowledgeable diver.
- The courses include: The best and professional tech training possible, 2-3 dives a day (no matter what the requirements are you always get more dives), 3 meals a day when diving, manuals, certification, pool/confined sessions fee, all boat fees, gasses, small equipment rental, tank rental, transportation to the boat, transport to the shop and pick-up from the airport
- Do you have any special deals for hotels and resorts? Yes We can definitely make a booking for you or and give you some pointers, but the hotels in Phuket are easier and cheaper to book via booking.com or even via their own websites for example.
A few recommended accommodations in the area are:
- Rawai Palm Beach Resort
- Rawai Beach Resort
- Rawai Guesthouse
- Thai Palace Resort
- Serenity Resort
- Mangosteen Resort and Spa
- Bamboo Heaven House
- Mai’s Guesthouse
- Phu NaNa Resort
- NAYA Paradise Retreat
- How can I make a booking? Easy, call us +66(0) 884 509 508 or use our Contact form or use the TAB CONTACT on the bottom of the website.