IART Level 2 Course – 60 meters
CCR Extended Range Air or Extended Range Normoxic Trimix
Closed Circuit Rebreather Diver Level II (CCR Level II) “Extended Range“
Course Objective rebreather IART Level 2 course:
This course is designed to provide experience and training with any of the units mentioned below.
CCR II Extended Range (Air) Diver – This course provides the opportunity to safely learn the techniques and theory for CCR decompression dives with air diluent to a maximum depth of 50m.
CCR II Extended Range (Normoxic Trimix) Diver – This course provides the opportunity to safely learn the techniques and theory for CCR decompression dives with air and normoxic Trimix diluent to a maximum depth of 50m and 60m respectively.
Prerequisites rebreather IART Level 2 course:
- minimum 18 years of age
- certification as an IART CCR I Diver or equivalent
- proof of a minimum of 50 hours diving the CCR unit
- First Aid and CPR training
- valid medical
Course content/duration rebreather IART Level 2 course:
All theoretical and practical aspects of deep (air diluent) und decompression diving. The classroom sessions explain the physical and physiological hazards of deep diving, the decompression planning, equipment considerations for deep diving, the need of bail-out gas, and all procedures involved. An important point is dive planning using computer-based dive tables such as Z-Plan, Proplanner, etc. The practical part of the course includes 4 dives over at least 3 days with a minimum accumulated dive time of 180 minutes. The instructor-to-student ratio is 1:2.
Covers all aspects of option A with additional normoxic Trimix theory and 2 normoxic Trimix dives. In total 6 dives over at least 5 days with a minimum accumulated dive time of 300 minutes. The instructor-to-student ratio is 1:2.
- IART CCR level II manual,
- standard air decompression tables,
- Computer-based dive tables such as Z-Plan, ProPlanner etc., flash-cards, Instructor manual and Instructor presentation materials.
Required equipment rebreather IART Level 2 course:
- Complete diving equipment,
- separate bail-out cylinder,
- lift bag, safety reel, knife or tool,
- decompression table,
- slate, depth gauge and bottom timer or computer.
- The rebreather should be equipped with an Oxygen bail-out second stage.
- The maximum depths during training are: Air 50m and normoxic Trimix 60m.
- At least 3 dives should be conducted at a minimum of 40m depth and require a decompression stage.
- Maximum decompression requirements during training should not exceed 5 minutes at 3 metres for option A and 20 minutes for option B normoxic Trimix dives.
- The dives should include the proper planning, including calculation of dive profile,
- gas analysing and labelling,
- equipment familiarization (Stage bottle removal/replacement, Oxygen bail-out regulator use),
- emergency and out-of-air procedures (Gas sharing, Rescue ascent, etc.),
- ascent reel and lift bag deployment,
- and proper decompression techniques.
Certification requirements rebreather IART Level 2 course:
The student must satisfactorily complete a written exam. Once training requirements are met, at the Instructor’s discretion, it is necessary to submit an application in order to obtain the corresponding IART certification card and wall certificate. In accordance with IART Quality Control, the student and Instructor are required to fill in the training protocol form. The instructor must retain this form with the student file.
|EQUIPMENT REQUIREMENTS||ALL CCR COURSES|
|During a mixed gas course you will need more Stage regs|
|Mask + Back-up mask||BCD (wing) and harness|
|Depth gauge/trimix computer||Timing device and backup timing device|
|Appropriate exposure suit||Knife/cutting device and backup|
|Two inflatable signal tubes||Reel and spool|
|Slate and backup slate||Compass|
|1 Stage bailout / decompression Regulators with SPG (Nitrox clean)||1 Stage bailout / Decompression cylinder with suitable rigging to mount to the diver with appropriate gas|
|Factory supplied Closed Circuit Rebreather unit specific||Storage pockets|
|Torch and Back-up torches (Trimix Diving, Wreck diving and cave diving courses)||Hood - for Cave, Deep and Wreck Diving|
SCHEDULE CCR COURSESCCR REBREATHER courses schedule. For diver levels only. The CCR cave courses are not included in this schedule.
|COURSES:||DAY:||TIME:||LOCATION:||TO DO:||DIVE DEPTH:|
|ALL TDI, IART, PADI CCR COURSES||1||8:30 AM|
2:00 PM till 6:00 PM
POOL OR BEACH DIVE
|ALL TDI, PADI CCR COURSES||2||8:30 AM till 6 PM||BOAT||3 DIVES||MAX 40 METERS|
|IART CCR COURSES||2||8:30 AM|
2:00 PM till 6:00 PM
|THEORY||MAX 15 METERS|
|ALL TDI, IART, PADI CCR COURSES||3||8:30 AM till 6 PM||BOAT||3 DIVES||MAX 30 METERS|
|ALL TDI, IART, PADI CCR COURSES||4||8:30 AM till 6 PM||BOAT||3 DIVES||MAX 45 METERS|
|ALL TDI, IART CCR TRIMIX COURSES||5||8:30 AM till 6 PM||BOAT||3 DIVES||MAX 65 METERS|
|TDI, IART CCR ADV TRIMIX COURSES||6||8:30 AM till 6 PM||SONG HONG||3 DIVES||MAX 100 METERS|
|COMBINED COURSES||6||8:30 AM till 6 PM||BOAT & if Trimix SONG HONG CAVE||3 DIVES||MAX 100 METERS|