PADI TEC TRIMIX COURSE 65
The PADI Tec Trimix Course is only available in Phuket Thailand. This is the follow-up for the Tec 50. The Tec Trimix 65 course is intended to extend the depth range of technical divers already trained and qualified to use air, enriched air and oxygen for technical decompression dives beyond 50 meters.
Divers can dive any Trimix mixture with an oxygen content of 18% or more. Upon qualification, the diver is allowed to dive to a maximum depth of 65 meters.
What will you learn?
The PADI Tec Trimix course topics include:
- Trimix diving depth ranges
- Exposure planning
- Selecting a mix
- Handling three or four decompression cylinders
- Decompression models
- Emergency procedures
- Decompression software and multi-gas computers
Tec Trimix 65 Equipment Requirements:
- Double cylinders of at least 12 l/70 cf each, with isolator manifold. The isolator manifold is not required for divers using sidemount configuration.
- Primary and secondary regulators for back mounted double manifolds, one with two metre/seven foot hose for air sharing and one with SPG. Note: In sidemount configuration, one regulator must have the two metre/seven foot hose, and both regulators must have an SPG.
- Two stage/decompression cylinders with regulator and SPG, with proper labels/markings.
- Tec diving BCD(s) and harness (backmount or sidemount)
- Two multigas enriched air capable dive computers, or one multigas enriched air computer and a back up single gas computer with dive tables, or one single gas enriched air computer and a backup timer and depth gauge with dive tables.
- Exposure suit right for environment and dive duration (if students will use dry suits, they should be trained/experienced in their use in recreational diving prior to using them for tec training or diving).
- Weight system (If required. Students should weight for the contingency of decompressing with near-empty cylinders.)
Jon line (as needed for environment)
- Inflatable signal tube, whistle and/or other visual and audible surface signaling devices. Note that a sausage type DSMB may double for the inflatable signal tube.
- Reel and lift bag (bright yellow preferred) or DSMB. A suitable DSMB has sufficient buoyancy to help steady a diver during a drifting decompression, and is unlikely to spill when deployed from the underwater.
- Knife/cutting device and back up
- Back up mask
- Lights (optional as required for dive environment)
- Backup buoyancy control. The student must have a reliable means for controlling buoyancy and maintaining decompression stops in midwater with a failed primary BCD. This is usually accomplished with a backup BCD (double wings) or, when using light weight cylinders, the use of a dry suit is permitted.
Student Prerequisites PADI Tec Trimix Course:
PADI TEC TRIMIX COURSE TO 65
|Minimum Age:||18 years|
|Min certification/diver level:||Certified as a Tec 50 (or those holding a qualifying certification from another training organization)|
|Min amount of Dives:||Minimum of 100 logged dives|
|Course Duration:||4 days and consists of one day of theory and three days boat diving with a total of 6 dives. However, students who have already completed the Tec 50 or Extended Range course may be credited two dives towards this course.|
|System:||Open Circuit twin set|
|Certification available through:||PADI|
|Combination of courses:||Tec 65 & Tec Sidemount|
|What Can I do next:||Overhead environments or Trimix 90|
PADI TecRec Course ScheduleOur PADI TecRec Course Schedule for tec 40, tec 45, Tec 50 and the trimix levels. If Tec 40,45 and 50 courses taken together it will take 9 days total. Days 1-3 will be repeated for each level. If all courses, incl Trimix, taken together the total is 12 days.
|1||ALL PADI TECREC COURSES||AM: THEORY|
|1 POOL DIVE||N/A|
|2||ALL PADI TECREC COURSES||AM & PM BOAT DIVING||3||MAX 30 MTRS|
|3||ALL PADI TECREC COURSES||AM & PM BOAT DIVING||3||MAX 50 MTRS|
|4||PADI TEC TRIMIX COURSES||AM: THEORY|
|1 POOL DIVE||N/A|
|5||PADI TEC TRIMIX COURSES||AM & PM BOAT DIVING||3||MAX 90 METERS|
|6||PADI TEC TRIMIX COURSES||AM & PM BOAT DIVING||3||MAX 90 METERS|
|EQUIPMENT REQUIREMENTS ALL COURSES|
|Primary and secondary regulators (for back gas or Sidemount set-up)||Two stage/decompression regulators|
|Mask + Back-up mask||BCD (wing) and harness or Sidemount Wing (with a min lift of 40 pounds)|
|Depth gauge/computer||Timing device and backup timing device|
|Appropriate exposure suit||Knife/cutting device and backup|
|Two inflatable signal tubes||Reel and spool|
|Slate and backup slate||Compass|
|Torch and Back-up torches (Trimix Diving, Wreck diving and cave diving courses)||Hood - for Cave, Deep and Wreck Diving|