PADI Tec Deep Instructor Course
As you’re serious about becoming a technical instructor and joining the ranks of PADI technical instructors, the PADI Tec Deep Diver Instructor course is an obvious choice. This is the PADI Tec Instructor level that gives you an advantage over all other recreational instructors out there. Tech Diving is becoming more popular and more dive centers are looking into expanding into Tec. As most of the owners do not have the knowledge, you can actually make a difference to them.
This PADI Tec Instructor course incorporates instructional philosophies and course goals that directly address the demanding and challenging nature of technical diving and can be offered in either back mount or sidemount configurations, or both.
What can PADI Tec Deep Instructors do?
· Conduct the Discover Tec experience
· Teach the PADI Tec basics course
· Teach the PADI Tec 40 course
· Teach the PADI Tec 45 course
· Teach the PADI Tec 50 course
· Teach the complete PADI Tec Deep Diver course
The course teaches you how to cover all the theory, equipment and procedures to enable divers to plan and conduct dives to a maximum depth of around 50m, using air, Nitrox and oxygen. The Tec Deep Instructor course incorporates instructional philosophies and course goals that directly address the demanding and challenging nature of technical diving
PADI Tec Deep Instructor Course Prerequisites
To enrol in this course, you must
- Be a renewed PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor (or a PADI Instructor with a higher rating)
- Be a PADI Enriched Air Instructor, or have successfully completed a PADI Enriched Air Instructor Training course.
- Be a PADI Deep Diver Specialty Instructor or have successfully completed a PADI Deep Diver Speciality Instructor Training course.
- Have a minimum of 100 logged dives where at least 20 dives were made with enriched air nitrox, 25 dives were deeper than 18 metres/ 60 feet and at least 15 dives were deeper than 30 metres/ 100 feet.
Note that PADI Tec Deep Diver is not required. If you are not certified as a PADI Tec Deep Diver (or equivalent), then the Tec Deep Instructor training course must include the entire Tec Deep Diver course.
|DAY:||COURSE:||LOCATION:||TO DO:||DIVE DEPTH:|
|1||TEC 40||CLASSROOM & POOL||PRESENTATIONS||N/A|
|2||TEC 40||BOAT||3 DIVES||MAX 40 MTRS|
|3||TEC 40||BOAT||3 DIVES||MAX 40 MTRS|
|4||TEC 45||CLASSROOM & POOL||PRESENTATIONS||N/A|
|5||TEC 45||BOAT||3 DIVES||MAX 45 MTRS|
|6||TEC 45||BOAT||3 DIVES||MAX 45 MTRS|
|7||TEC 50||CLASSROOM & POOL||PRESENTATIONS||N/A|
|8||TEC 50||BOAT||3 DIVES||MAX 50 MTRS|
|9||TEC 50||BOAT||3 DIVES||MAX 50 MTRS|
|EQUIPMENT REQUIREMENTS ALL COURSES|
|Primary and secondary regulators (for back gas or Sidemount set-up)||3 stage/decompression regulators|
|Mask + Back-up mask||BCD (wing) and harness or Sidemount Wing (with a min lift of 60 pounds)|
|Depth gauge/trimix computer||Timing device and backup timing device|
|Appropriate exposure suit||Knife/cutting device and backup|
|Two inflatable signal tubes||Reel and spool|
|Slate and backup slate||Compass|
|Torch and Back-up torches (Trimix Diving, Wreck diving and cave diving courses)||Hood - for Cave, Deep and Wreck Diving|
Although we believe each tec instructor should have his/her own kit, we do understand the travel/weight issues.. This is why Equipment rental is available. We carry Hollis, Dive Rite, Xdeep, Scubapro, Apeks wings, backplates, regulators. Please contact us for equipment rental package deals.