Technical Dive Guidelines for Blue Label Diving Thailand
These are the technical dive guidelines and policies to make sure the safety of every technical diver diving with Blue Label Diving, whether for courses or fun diving. Outside of training activities, diving will be supervised in water (or from surface were deemed appropriate) by qualified Blue Label Diving staff. Diving will take place at sites appropriate for the experience levels and certifications of the individuals involved. All dives will carry extra safety logistics like Oxygen, First Aid kit and communication, even in the remote areas like Song Hong. All boats used by Blue Label Diving carry Oxygen on the diving vessels. Our Instructors are Dive Medic certified and Oxygen Providers.
We require that all technical divers plan their dives to comply with the following Blue Label Diving guidelines in Thailand
- All technical divers must give proof of dive certification and dive insurance upon arrival at Blue Label Diving, DAN diving insurance is highly recommended. This can be done by email
- Before the course starts either email or bring a Medical Certificate and if needed a “fit to dive” from a Diving Physician. You can find the forms on our website.
- Divers must carry main dive mixed gas computer and one back up depth and time device.
- For any dive deeper than 40 metres, or any dive where decompression gases are used, a dive plan must be completed and approved by Blue Label Diving staff.
- A daily logbook must be signed by each student
- All gas mixes MUST be analysed, correctly labeled for MOD and signed and dated by the user.
- Maximum bottom PO2 will be 1.5 ATA or less.
- Maximum decompression PO2 will be 1.6 ATA or less.
- All divers must carry enough gas to complete their dives within rule of thirds, or as proper for the dive plan.
- Divers must be equipped with at least one reel and SMB/ lift bag, with two being strongly encouraged.
Blue Label Diving staff will reserve final judgment on suitability and choice of the dive site and help you to plan your dives with the latest diving software.
Guidelines for following Diving Courses at Blue Label Diving
We strongly suggest to do your Theory study online before arriving in Phuket.
1) This saves you heaps of time during your holiday and 2) It saves hundreds of trees. Email us for the e-learning codes. We can also send you the manuals by post.
Candidates for Technical training must bring with them a reasonable amount of diving experience for the specific courses required, meet the course prerequisites and be comfortable in the water with solid basic skills such as buoyancy. You should also have a responsible attitude and show a willingness to learn. Training is purchased upon enrolment but certification is earned through the students performance demonstrated at the end of the course. Performance will be evaluated by the instructor.
You enrol in a Technical Diving course for the education and experience. You are not paying for a “certification card”. The instructor in agreement with you will decide if you pass a course or not. If not, at Blue Label Diving we always give you a second chance. This is why we recommend to add 1 or 2 days to your holiday, incase you need to redo dives or theory.
Candidates not achieving a passing score will be required to do more dives for certification. Skill and comfort are in some ways the easiest to help with. A student having difficulty with a given skill, be it gas sharing, equipment handling, valve shutdowns etc, will be given the supervised time he or she needs to refine it. With competent performance comes the comfort and confidence that you can rely on in an emergency.
Cave courses are done on either Twinset, Sidemount or CCR. If you do not have either of these configurations you need to either get this experience at home or you can do it with us in Phuket before the cave course starts.
When you are participating in a technical diving course. Technical dive guidelines for equipment.
No need to bring a recreational BCD and recreational Regulators. Your computer can be used a depth gauge and timing device.
You must bring the following.
- Pockets x 2 or pocket shorts
- Protection suit. 3mm wetsuit, 5mm wetsuit or a drysuit
- Spare mouthpiece(s)
- Spool or reel (50 meters)+ double-ender
- Mask + Spare mask
- SMB + spool min 30 meters and double ender
- Arm Slate or notebook
- Shears or other cutting device x2
- O-ring kit
- Fins and booties
If you don’t have these items you can buy them from our shop.
We (can) provide / include in the courses Advanced Nitrox, Decompression Procedures and Extended Range:
Backplate/sidemount configuration, wetsuit, buoyancy device (Backmount or Sidemount) back-gas regulators, deco regulator x1
A mixed gas computer is 300thb per day for rental. Torch for cave diving 300thb per day as well.
|EQUIPMENT REQUIREMENTS ALL COURSES|
|Primary and secondary regulators (for back gas or Sidemount set-up)||Two stage/decompression regulators|
|Mask + Back-up mask||BCD (wing) and harness or Sidemount Wing (with a min lift of 40 pounds)|
|Depth gauge/computer||Timing device and backup timing device|
|Appropriate exposure suit 3mm or 5mm||Knife/cutting device and backup|
|Two inflatable signal tubes||Reel and spool|
|Slate and backup slate||Compass|
|Torch and Back-up torches (Trimix Diving, Wreck diving and cave diving courses)||Hood - for Cave, Deep and Wreck Diving|