TDI INSTRUCTOR COURSE – DECOMPRESSION PROCEDURES
The TDI Decompression Procedures Instructor course is available in Phuket Thailand and Brisbane Australia, examines the theory, methods and procedures of planned stage decompression diving.
The objective of this course is to train Instructors how to plan and conduct a standard decompression procedures course not to exceed a maximum depth of 45 metres.
The most common equipment requirements, gear set-ups, deco-techniques and decompression mixtures are covered. Students are permitted to use Enriched Air Nitrox mixes or oxygen for decompression provided the gas mix is within their current Nitrox certification level.
TDI Decompression Procedures Instructor Course Prerequisites:
- Minimum age 18
- Minimum certification of TDI Advanced Nitrox Instructor or equivalent (unless Advanced Nitrox Instructor course is taught in conjunction with Decompression Procedures Instructor)
- Minimum certification of TDI Decompression Procedures diver or equivalent
- Provide proof of 150 logged dives
- Have certified 10 students in SDI Deep Diver or TDI Advanced Nitrox diver or equivalent
Course Structure TDI Decompression Procedures Instructor Course:
- 3 days (one day theory – two days diving)
- 5 days if combined with TDI Advanced Nitrox Instructor ( 2 days will be theory and pool sessions)
- Pre-requisites apply to all instructor level courses
- Certification fee to be paid directly to SDI/TDI HQ
The course can be done on either advanced Sidemount setup or on Back mount configurations.
For COURSE STANDARDS and PROCEDURES click on the logo below.
|DAY:||TIME:||LOCATION:||TO DO:||DIVE DEPTH:|
|1||AM & PM||CLASSROOM & POOL||PRESENTATIONS||N/A|
|2||AM & PM||BOAT||3 DIVES||MAX 45 METERS|
|3||AM & PM||BOAT||3 DIVES||MAX 45 METERS|
|EQUIPMENT REQUIREMENTS ALL COURSES|
|Primary and secondary regulators (for back gas or Sidemount set-up)||3 stage/decompression regulators|
|Mask + Back-up mask||BCD (wing) and harness or Sidemount Wing (with a min lift of 60 pounds)|
|Depth gauge/trimix computer||Timing device and backup timing device|
|Appropriate exposure suit||Knife/cutting device and backup|
|Two inflatable signal tubes||Reel and spool|
|Slate and backup slate||Compass|
|Torch and Back-up torches (Trimix Diving, Wreck diving and cave diving courses)||Hood - for Cave, Deep and Wreck Diving|
Although we believe each tec instructor should have his/her own kit, we do understand the travel/weight issues.. This is why Equipment rental is available. We carry Hollis, Dive Rite, Xdeep, Scubapro, Apeks wings, backplates, regulators. Please contact us for equipment rental package deals.